Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Shouldn't she have seen that coming?

I've mentioned before that this was supposed to happen but it got cancelled. But I haven't yet told you what it was.

On Saturday, I participated in a group session with a medium.

Or a "medium." I'm agnostic, and your mileage may vary.

My headline?  The first time it was scheduled, she called to confirm the night before, then called again the morning of to say she was sick and would not be able to do a reading.  All together now: If she's that good a psychic, shouldn't she have predicted that?

But hey, she claims that she refuses to predict bad things, so maybe that applies?

Like I said, I'm agnostic about the whole thing. I figure, if nothing else, it's an afternoon's entertainment and fodder for my writing. And I was definitely entertained, and I definitely have some material to work with.

But what did she say?

Well, I don't want to get too much into the whole thing.  You don't know most of these people, I know virtually no one who was contacted, and there's a privacy issue.

Oh, you noticed that part about "I know virtually no one who was contacted"? No dead people talked to me. Which doesn't shock me.  All of my dead, either we weren't close, or I'm pretty sure we're cool -- they're OK, I'm OK, no bad blood that I'm aware of, and any bad blood among the living... yeah, I'm not getting into that, and I'm sure the dead are relieved to no longer be involved.

She did say there were three women who have passed on my mother's side, and it seemed like a grandmother, and aunt, and a cousin.

I am the only female cousin on my mother's side, so she either got it wrong or made it up. Needless to say, I got nothing out of them.

She did figure out my parents' names and medical issues without prompting, although at least some of that seemed like a statistical likelihood (I'm 30 and American, of course someone in my family has heart problems and needs to watch his/her diet).  She also made noises about babies and grandchildren that made me and my sister-in-law pretty uncomfortable, for various reasons that aren't your business any more than they are the business of the people in that room (which, of course, is one of the reasons).

Overall, she got some stuff eerily right, she got some stuff right, but not in any uncanny way (see: heart disease), and she apparently got some stuff dead wrong.

But it was entertaining, and emotional, and good fodder for writing, so if you're interested, let me know, I'll pass on the info.

Heck, scrape together 10 people, we can do a group session.  But the rest of you might want to take Chris out for drinks in the meantime. He prefers his spirits in a glass.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment