Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday Review #18

Check Engine light on a 1996 Dodge Caravan.
Check Engine light on a 1996 Dodge Caravan. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Another fairly boring week.

So, over the weekend, Chris and I went to Philadelphia for a combination of Chris's birthday, my brother's birthday, and Mother's Day.  None of those things actually coincided with that weekend, but this is how we roll.

On the way to Philadelphia, the car's Check Engine light came on.  Fortunately, my parents have a really good mechanic, so first thing Saturday morning, we took the car up.  About lunchtime, we get a call asking us to come up ASAP, so we go... And are told there were cobwebs in the exhaust valve (I think it was the exhaust valve... it was a valve, anyway). So he cleaned it out and warned us that the light may come back on, so to keep an eye on it -- if the light comes back on, we may need to replace the part.

So there may be spiders in the car.  Good times.

Anyway, Friday night we also got dinner with a friend of ours who lives in South Jersey. Saturday was the combo-birthday dinner, and Sunday was fake Mother's Day.

The rest of the week was pretty low-key. I've been cleaning the apartment while watching John Adams, and that's pretty much it.

Thursday night, I did go to a reading celebrating the second issue of Newtown Literary, a Queens-based literary magazine. Nope, I'm not in it -- they don't really do genre -- but I know a bunch of people who are, so go check it out.

And then today it was back to cleaning.

In media-consumption news, I'm still plugging away at Washington: A Life, and I decided to knock a few shorter books off my shelf, so I read Star Trek: Countdown and kittenwar: may the cutest kitten win!. I have also been working on the blanket I'm knitting.

How about you?  Do anything fun this week? Big plans for the weekend?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment