Monday, June 24, 2013

I Don't Know What I Want... Chapter 3, Part 2

I Don't Know What I Want, But I Know It's Not This

By Julie Jansen

Chapter 3 (Continued)

When we left off, I had taken the Values Assessment. Next up: The Attitudes Assessment. We're given 12 statements, and asked to assess how often we feel or act the way the statement describes.  Then, there's a key that scores our answers.

Every pair of questions pertains to a different area, and the scored for each of those areas are tallied. 6 is a mid-range score, and I hover around there for every category, doing worst (5) in Self-Confidence and Managing Motivation, and best (7) in Professional Commitment.

Not a lot of practical advice in this, though. Any score can be raised with motivation -- including Managing Motivation.  That's one of those simple-but-not-easy things, isn't it? And my Attitude is something I need to be aware of... but awareness is useless without follow-up.

So, I'm not thrilled with this week's section.  Maybe it helped you.

Next time: Change Readiness!


No comments:

Post a Comment