Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Nothing to see here

Home made macaroni and cheese, with some dried...
Home made macaroni and cheese, with some dried herbs and grounded pepper. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
It looks like this is going to be one of those "Writers Write About Writer's Block" posts.

Sometimes, I feel like I don't have much to say.

I'm sure I must, even if it's not something you would find particularly interesting.

But I'm reviewing the things that are on my mind right now, and #1 is the climate control in my apartment. It's hot enough to use the air conditioning, but the window is positioned such that having the AC on causes a pretty strong draft, which makes me feel cold even if I keep it at 75 degrees or higher.

And then, I'm planning on making macaroni and cheese, which I'm looking forward to eating... not so much looking forward to baking, though.

Which makes me wonder if I can get away with adding mushrooms, and if I have enough scallions left to add them, because I always sneak veggies into recipes when I can.

But none of this is interesting.

I kind of don't want to be writing this.  I have stuff I need to do, and stuff I want to do, and right now this feels like a chore, but a chore that is expendable. There are more important things: the dinner I just mentioned. Cleaning the apartment. Going to the gym, and you know how I feel about that.  There are literally thousands of books I want to read. I have knitting that can be worked on. Heck, I have Netflix!

But I'll push through, and tomorrow I'll talk about some article I found online, and Friday you'll skim the events of my week.

Because writers push through, get their words on the paper or the screen, even if they're boring or stupid or inane.

For which I apologize.  But hey, I guess it technically beats skipping a post.

So what do you say when you have nothing to say?


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment