Tuesday, June 11, 2013

What Makes You Happy? #14

Sunday
Sunday (Photo credit: ex.libris)
It's a lazy Sunday, the day after a busy, hectic, fun Saturday.  It's raining, you don't have anything you need to do, you have a mild headache, and the only thing happening in the waking world is Star Trek reruns.

So you take a nap.

Now, I don't know why it's easier to fall asleep this way than when I actually go to bed. But it is. And the dreams tend to involve a lot less anxiety, too. It's just nice and pleasant, and once I shake off my weariness upon waking up (not always easy), I feel better.

I was talking to a friend about why little kids hate naps and adults love them. I figure it's because the kid is afraid she'll miss out on something... The adult knows what, if anything, she'll miss, and knows that the nap is worth it.

Oh, the nap is worth it.

It's silly to ask if you have any good stories about naps, but I'm gonna ask anyway: do you have any good stories about naps?

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment