Monday, June 3, 2013

I Don't Know What I Want... Chapter 2, Part 2

I Don't Know What I Want, But I Know It's Not This

By Julie Jansen

Chapter 2 (Continued)


So we left off having figured out what our current work situations are.  Next comes a three-step process towards doing something about it. Jansen closes the chapter by outlining those three steps, which will be covered in more depth in the upcoming chapters.

Step 1: Complete the Self-Assessments Specific to Your Work Situation

This is where we figure out our "unique values, interests, personality preferences, attitudes, and favorite skills are."  This is something I've consistently had trouble with, so I'm kind of looking forward to it.

Step 2: Explore Roadblocks and Opportunities

Where we figure out what's stopping us, and how to get around or through it.

Step 3: Create an Action Plan

Pretty much what it says on the tin.  I get the feeling that this is one of those simple-but-not-easy things.

Well, tune in next time, and we'll  start taking these steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment