What things do you see other people doing that make you ache with jealousy because you wish you were doing them?
|The Seven Deadly Sins (ca. 1620) - Envy (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
But, sure, let's crack open my insecurities. Those who have nothing to hide, hide nothing, right?
(That said, I don't promise to answer any questions you may ask about these things, or to acknowledge any responses you might feel obligated to give.)
- Study abroad, or otherwise immerse themselves in another culture long-term while dealing with minimal responsibilities.
- Take joy in physicality.
- Carry a pregnancy to term with no complications.
- Have a concrete goal and make concrete steps towards it.
- Have an actual career and hit milestones in it.
- Actually matter to more than a small handful of people.
- Feel like they can afford to not take themselves seriously.
Three Good Things, 10/7/2015
- Woke up with a germ of a story idea in mind. It's not much - it certainly won't be enough to even do NaNoWriMo with this year -- but every idea can lead somewhere, eventually. I don't know why this happened but refuse to look this gift horse in the mouth.
- A fresh, farm stand apple for breakfast. Healthy and delicious. This happened because I have a somewhat neurotic breakfast schedule, so no one thing goes bad before I get to it.
- My seasonal bunny rabbit. I'll have to write more about that some time. It's awesome. I changed its ears for the month. Just let me have my simple pleasures without forcing me to overthink them, please???