Last year, I just barely won, and since then I've concentrated my shitty novel down to a pretty decent short story that... (can I announce this yet?)
Oh, why not? It's going to be published in Newtown Literary #5! And after it comes out, the rights revert back to me, so I can submit it elsewhere later!
I've played with NaNo projects before, but this has been my biggest success, both within November and after it.
So now it's time to think about what I want to do this year, and as usual, I have a ton of ideas. Let me know what you think of any of these:
- Your typical "chosen one saves the world" story... but the "chosen one" is a grown-ass adult.
- A romance novel about an android.
- Another story in the Steampunk Rome universe I played in last year.
- Another story in the Clerks-meets-Being-Human universe that, in a perfect world, will one day be an audiodrama podcast.
- Screw it, I could just write Full House fanfiction. What if the show premiered this season... but was otherwise the same premise?