Thursday, October 8, 2015

The Science of Happiness: Week 2: The Power of Social Connection

10/2/15: Welcome to Week 2!

At long last, right? First, a mood check-in.  It looks like my mood has increased a bit, so that's nice.
Smiley head happy
Smiley head happy (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

We go on to a video that outlines what we'll be talking about in Week 2.  If the title didn't give it away, it was Social Connectedness.  Let's find out just how screwed we introverts are!

Next is a video that talks about how science connects social connectedness to happiness and social isolation to pain.  Well, I'll concede that point; I don't do well when isolated. It's a tough balance; how to I maintain my connections without burning myself out?  Quite a few people ask that in the course discussion; I wonder if it ever gets addressed.

Next up is another reading; we'll deal with that another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment