Friday, October 2, 2015

Writer's Digest #1

I found a pile of old Writer's Digest magazines, and I thought it might be fun to go through them and see if any prompts or tips could be useful.
English: Stop sign in Quebec Français : Pannea...
English: Stop sign in Quebec Français : Panneau arrêt au Québec (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

From the March/April 2010 edition:

The triolet has French roots related to the rondeau, or "round" poem. This eight-line poem consists of repetitive lines, rhymes, and a format of eight to 10 syllables per line using this pattern:
A: First line
B: Second line
a: Rhyme with first line
A: Repeat first line
a: Rhyme with first line
b: Rhyme with second line
A: Repeat first line
B: Repeat second line

I need a moment alone
Before I can talk to you.
A break from policing my tone.
I need a moment alone.
I'm not even touching my phone
Until I've taken a breath or two.
I need a moment alone
Before I can talk to you.



Cool.  What did you come up with?

No comments:

Post a Comment