Monday, September 2, 2013

I Don't Know What I Want... Chapter 4, Part 4

I Don't Know What I Want, But I Know It's Not This

By Julie Jansen


Chapter 4: Personality Preferences, Interests, and Skills

Lat time, we examined what our dominant interest was. Today, we're looking at our...
Favorite Skills
According to Jansen:
A skill is an ability or expertise. A favorite skill is a skill that you not only possess but are also interested in and willing to use
This exercise consists of a long list of skills, and we the readers must rank each with our level of proficiency and whether we enjoy it. So I shall do so.

It asks my top ten favorite skills. I didn't even check off ten, so here are the ones I checked, in no particular order: Editing materials, helping others, cataloging items, conducting research, conceptualizing new ideas, and building something.

Then, the book asks questions about these skills.  How many am I using in my current job? ...Not applicable.

How many are above-average or better strengths of mine? All but conducting research. I think I'm just average there.

Which could I develop more? Well, all of them, obviously, but especially conducting research, as I just said.

Which haven't I tried before? Not applicable.


Whew! So with that, we not only finish Chapter 4, we finish Part II.  The next few chapters are kind of long, but since we've already laid the groundwork, I'm hoping they'll move along.

So what are your skills? And how much do you enjoy them?

No comments:

Post a Comment