Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday Review #28

The new NFL logo went into use at the 2008 draft.
The new NFL logo went into use at the 2008 draft. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
It was a mostly quiet weekend. Friday and Sunday involved getting dinner and a drink at local places; Sunday, friends joined us late in the evening.  Pleasant, but not exactly noteworthy.

Saturday, I put in time at my new volunteering gig, which looks promising, and then Chris and I went to poker night at a friend's place. I went out in a blaze of glory with pocket kings, taken down by someone else's straight.

Monday was interesting.  Chris won Yankees tickets at work, so we went and enjoyed some nice seats... for an inning and a half.  Then we took advantage of the rain delay to explore the stadium at a relaxed pace we don't normally get, before enjoying the rest of the game with reduced crowds.  We had no other plans for Monday; why not wait it out?

Quiet weekends mean a lot of reading. I managed to finish Margaret Atwood's The handmaid's tale and I, Claudius, both start and finish Room, start Ready Player One (our next book club book), get back into Washington: A Life, and even pick at Demon Princes a bit.

Tuesday got me back into my knitting, and this week I hammered out a chunk of the scarf I'm making for Chris, finished the first panel of a notions case I'm making, and added some more "days" to my weather scarf.  I also went to a Shut Up and Write session, which was fairly productive, but would have been better had my computer not frozen up early on.

Thursday was opening day for the NFL, and while I can't be bothered, Chris is ecstatic, so we had friends over for dinner. It was laughably stereotypical; the menfolk watched their sports while we ladies knit.

So that brings us to this weekend, which I guess I'll tell you about next week.

What have you been up to?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment