Monday, September 23, 2013

Meta: Two schedule changes

Cover of "No Plot? No Problem!: A Low-Str...
Cover via Amazon
All right, I have a couple schedule changes to announce.

The first is that the read-along of I Don't Know What I Want, But I Know It's Not This is going to be on hiatus.

The second is that, while I hope to get a cushion going over the next few weeks, there's a decent chance that posting will be a little sparse in November.

These two changes are for the same reason, and I'm wondering if you can guess what it is.

Give up?

I'm doing NaNoWriMo.

For the uninitiated, NaNoWriMo is short for National Novel Writer's Month, a challenge to write a novel (or, well, a shitty first draft thereof) in a month, specifically, the month of November.  I've never won, but twice now I've ended up with seeds of projects I'm picking at to this day... and once got an idea that was badgering me down on paper so I could finally allow that not much will ever come of it.

I don't expect to win this year, either -- heck, I don't even have a story idea yet -- but that won't stop me from trying, yet again.

Which brings me to the read-along.

Starting next week, I'll be going through Chris Baty's No Plot? No Problem! There are week-specific chapters I'll want to hit in November, and at a pace of one a week, that means we start now.

Are you doing NaNoWriMo? Reach out to me here, and maybe we can friend each other on the boards.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment