Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday Mega-review # 27

English: Puʻuloa (Pearl Harbor) in the 1880s.
English: Puʻuloa (Pearl Harbor) in the 1880s. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
So I don't want you to think that every time I disappear, it's due to a vacation -- there will be other reasons -- but that's why I took a break this time.

But I'll get to that.

Friday the 10th, we spent the night in.  Thanks to our oven being broken most of the week, we really needed to cook and stay in.

Saturday the 11th was fun. We did the Sixpoint beer crawl in Long Island City and Greenpoint.  We tried some neat beers, ate some good food, and talked to some interesting people.

Sunday the 12th we went to a cookout on Long Island.

The rest of the week was largely spent getting ready for our trip. Our new phones arrived Wednesday, which was great!

Friday night we flew out, arriving in time for breakfast Saturday morning. Over the course of the week we did a lot of great stuff: snorkeling, touring the volcano, hiking and stargazing, touring the royal palace, making a pilgrimage to Pearl Harbor, and enjoying a luau.  And the food was almost consistently amazing.

I just realized I never explicitly said we went to Hawaii. You probably had that figured out around the time I said "volcano," though, right?

We left Sunday afternoon, and got home early Monday morning, using Monday as our recovery day. Tuesday was back to normal life, including book club over Mexican food.  Thursday, I went to a meeting of Shut Up and Write.  And finally, today, we fielded a bunch of invitations for the weekend, and then I started listening to Welcome to Night Vale I'm enjoying so far.

My vacation reading? I, Claudius.

So, what have you been up to?


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment