Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What makes you happy? #5

A bowl of lobster bisque
A bowl of lobster bisque (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I know that emotional eating is "bad". You eat fatty, salty, or sugary foods to cheer yourself up, then the physical effects make you feel worse, and the cycle begins again.  I know this.  I am largely good about it.

But the fact remains that good food prepared well can have an emotional effect. And one of my weak points in that respect is lobster bisque.

Back when I lived in Philadelphia, and before the chain closed so many of its restaurants, I could rely on John Harvard's for a fix. Not really an option these days, although I'll come across one occasionally.

But enough places serve it, and they all have their special touches: truffle oil, or bits of apple or cheese... I'm hungry just thinking about it.

If I'm out of sorts, and the idea occurs to me, a good bowl of lobster bisque can cheer me up. (To be fair, if I'm out of sorts and hungry, low blood sugar is frequently to blame, so most food will at least help cheer me up). But if I'm just "fine," that's when you'll see the real difference.

...Now I just need a recipe.  Got one?


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment