Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I know I shouldn't laugh at my own jokes, but...

Laugh
Laugh (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
A blogger I enjoy reading recently posted about planning an office party, starting the post by proclaiming, "PARTY: ACCOMPLISHED."

At first, I waited for a bigger word nerd than myself to mention the joke that came to mind for me.  I comment from time-to-time, but I'm largely a lurker in his commenting community, so I stepped back for a bit.  Finally, I saw that no one was jumping on it, so I made a comment about, "Fête accompli."

It's a stupid pun that almost no one will get, but it's my stupid pun that almost no one will get, I posted it first, and it's received some enthusiastic laughter.  I'm pleased.

And if you want me to explain it, let me know in the comments.


Note: I'm not linking to the specific blog entry because I'd prefer that online identity not be publicly associated with this one.  If you're that curious, I encourage you to hunt it down -- it shouldn't be that hard -- but please don't give it away here.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment