Thursday, March 21, 2013

Entrepreneur: Five Creativity Exercises to Find Your Passion

In June of 2011, Lisa Girard wrote an article for Entrepreneur Magazine entitled Five Creativity Exercises to Find Your Passion.

In this article, she remarks:
For today's aspiring entrepreneur, exploring avenues of creativity to find your passion is likely the quickest route to increase your chances of launching a successful business. Where to start? Here, five exercises to help you uncover your passion.
Now, I'm not an entrepreneur, but that doesn't mean the exercises won't help.  So let's take a look:

Exercise 1 - Revisit your childhood. What did you love to do?
I remember enjoying reading, making up imaginary stories, looking at neat things in neat stores, and making friendship bracelets and other crafts. Now I enjoy reading, writing fiction, looking at neat things online or at craft fairs, and knitting.  So, yeah, not much change there.

Exercise 2 - Make a "creativity board." 
I have always loved this idea, but other than my "ideal life" board on pinterest (which is mostly white lace dresses and huge libraries), I don't know where to start with this. Have you ever done this?  Link to it in the comments.

Exercise 3 - Make a list of people who are where you want to be.
Well, now we're back to the eternal question of "Where do I want to be?"  I think there's a book I need to be getting back to on that topic.

Exercise 4 - Start doing what you love, even without a business plan
Pretty sure that's called a hobby.  And I'm pretty sure, based on my Friday Reviews, that I'm doing that already.

Exercise 5 - Take a break from business thinking. 
Well, considering I'm not actually an entrepreneur -- Done! Good to keep in mind in case I ever do end up with my own business, though.

How about you?  Are any of you entrepreneurs?  Do these tips seem helpful?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment