Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday Review #11

Book cover
Book cover (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I completely forgot last week to tell you that I finished John Adams by David McCullough.  This week, I finished Up Jumps the Devil by Michael PooreA Rulebook for Arguments by Anthony Weston, and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. I also started Word Freak by Stefan Fatsis.

In knitting, I managed to finish my throw rug and a set of coasters. They were mostly finished last week, I just needed to wash and block them. I started an alpaca scarf for my husband, but I'm worried I didn't buy enough yarn.

It's been a bad week for going to the gym.  We have a friend in from out of town, so our energy has to go toward getting the apartment in shape. Unfortunately, that burns more mental and emotional energy than physical calories, or it would be a wash.

On top of that, it's been a busy week at work.  We had a major event on Thursday, which was great. But then to come home and prepare for a house-guest... let's just say there was very little downtime this week.

I also found out about a potential stressor coming up at work that probably isn't going to be an actual problem, but so much is up in the air I'm anxious about it anyway.

Once again, I got an unpleasant reminder that I should only buy groupons if I'm making an appointment to spend them. This week, I realized I had one expiring soon, and went to check the details.  It was expiring that day. So my husband and I had a Surprise Last-Minute Emergency Date Night, which we really didn't have a ton of time for but, as it turned out, we both needed desperately, so that was nice.

Tonight, my alma mater is playing in the A-10 Tournament, so wish the Hawks luck!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment