Friday, March 8, 2013

The Simple Dollar: Who Are You?

You may have noticed that the same blogs show up over and over again. Well, they're blogs I follow, and blogs that talk about my (vague) topic, and they're generally blogs I like and recommend.

In October of 2012, Trent at The Simple Dollar asked:
What is it about you that you consider so core to your identity that it’s the first thing out of your mouth when you’re talking about yourself?
It's a really interesting question, and I'll be honest -- I don't feel like I have a good answer for it (again, hence the vague theme of this blog).

Trent also has a warning:
Of course, we all know that life is more complicated than that one thing.  Our lives are often full of conflicting needs and directions.

I will say one simple thing, though: every conflict we have in our lives that interferes with that one central thing is something that’s dragging us down.
Trent, as usual, is specifically talking in terms of how important it is to spend your money in accordance with your priorities, but the same can easily be said for time, attention, whatever you have to spend.

If you know what your core value is, and act upon is, supposedly the rest falls into place.

Big "if", though.

So, who are you?

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment