Monday, July 8, 2013

I Don't Know What I Want... Chapter 3, Part 3

I Don't Know What I Want, But I Know It's Not This

By Julie Jansen

Chapter 3 (Further continued)

28 ICGFM POLL change readiness
28 ICGFM POLL change readiness (Photo credit: ICGFM)
All right, We've looked at values and attitudes, now let's read about Change Readiness.

Once again, the chapter offers a quiz.  This time, it's a list of eight statements, which the reader evaluates on a scale of 1-5, with 1 being "Almost never true" and 5 being "Definitely true". Junk mail comes in handy as I use the back of an envelope to review the statements...

And my total score is 18, or the high end of "Difficulty dealing with change."  I guess that's somewhat true... I like novelty, but I am a pessimist, so "unknown" frequently translates into "long list of things that will (not might) go wrong."

That's fair, and worth contemplating as I go forward... but once again, the book doesn't (yet?) offer any thoughts on what to do about it.

Tune in next time, when we finally move on to Chapter 4!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment