Tuesday, July 9, 2013

What makes you happy? #18

Game of Thrones Exhibition
Game of Thrones Exhibition (Photo credit: biaacorrea)
I've mentioned before that Chris and I, not having HBO, are working our way through my DVDs of Game of Thrones.

One of the many really neat things about the Game of Thrones TV series is the opening credits. We zoom across a sort of clockwork map, where all the relevant locations for the episode are cranked up using little CGI gears and levers. A meticulously "carved" tree sprouts meticulously "carved" leaves, tents pitch themselves, or a ruin stands still. And one particular location -- I won't say which, for fear of spoilers, though I don't see how just mentioning the name would be spoilery -- has hanging rope bridges. And as the little clockwork fortress settles into place, the tiny rope bridges dangle and bounce.

It's such a silly thing, but every time those tiny bridges bounce into place, I find myself giggling. It's so cute! (which -- spoiler alert -- it probably shouldn't be!)

Sometimes it's the little things.  You've gotta take what you can get, right?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment