Monday, July 22, 2013

I Don't Know What I Want... Chapter 4

I Don't Know What I Want, But I Know It's Not This

By Julie Jansen


Chapter 4: Personality Preferences, Interests, and Skills

Ah, the chapter I've been waiting for. What do I like? What am I good at? Why am I so bad at answering these questions?

Once again, this chapter is a series of quizzes, so I'll be breaking it down over a few entries again. So let's get started.
Personality Preferences
This section starts off by explaining what Jansen means by personality:
Personality is the totality of an individual's distinctive traits. Although aspects of your personality can change slightly as a result of experience and self-awareness as you move through your life, your inherent personality was developed by the time you were two years old. 
So I took the quick-and-dirty personality test, which appears to be loosely based on the Myers-Briggs test.  My results? Well, I'm an introvert, which we already knew. I'm more of an idealist than a realist, which surprises me a little, but OK. I'm more factual than emotional, which, again, surprises me. I prefer structure over spontaneity, which is true -- I like novelty, but I prefer planned novelty. Finally, I'm more acquiescent than assertive, which I'll concede is true in professional settings, though I bet some of you are laughing at that idea when it comes to more personal situations.

Next time? We look at interests.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment