Monday, February 4, 2013

What makes you happy? #1

New Jersey Turnpike, southbound, near Exit 9.
New Jersey Turnpike, southbound, near Exit 9. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
So it seems like whether or not I can get the Monday read-alongs posted in a timely manner has a lot to do with how busy I am the weekend before.  So I decided to start a new feature that can fill in on weeks when I just can't sit down with the book in time to discuss it the way it deserves.

So it seems that part of finding your passion and your place in the world is knowing what makes you happy.  And really, it's just a nice exercise, like counting your blessings.

When my husband and I went away for the weekend[link to Friday #5], we had a long drive in the snow ahead of us.  Fortunately, between the New York market, the Philadelphia market, and just general New Jersey stations, we virtually never lost radio reception.  And as we rode down the Jersey Turnpike, we happened upon a station that plays ten songs in a row with no commercials.  We came in near the beginning of one of these ten-song sets, and every song we heard was really good.  I couldn't tell you what station it was, and while I know we found it again on the way home, the selection wasn't as good.

But for the better part of an hour, we were able to belt along with a mix of songs we hadn't heard in ages. And it just made me happy.

What makes you happy? Tell me a story in the comments.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment