Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Review #6

Sushi
Sushi (Photo credit: Plonq)
Ugh, it's nasty out there.

Yeah, I know, snow is just part of winter in New York.  The price of living in a warmer climate would be earthquakes, or tornadoes, or hurricanes...

Yeah, for a half a second there, I was thinking, "We've gotten all of those in the last couple years, so why am I putting up with snow, too?" But we don't get those things regularly, and with the exception of Hurricane Sandy, we don't get them as badly as everyone else.  There's always trade-offs.

So let's look at the past week.

Last weekend was pretty low-key. We ran some errands and had lunch with my in-laws, and attended a Super Bowl party, which was fun.  I made cosmopolitan jelly shots, and dyed half of them bright red for the 49ers, the other half purple for the Ravens. Unsurprisingly, people were surprised that they were not, in fact, "cherry" and "grape".

Yeah.  I don't do fake cherry and fake grape.

Some interesting stuff happened at work, but I don't want to discuss it until it's more set in stone, so expect a followup on that next week.

I've been terrible about going to the gym this week, and the snow does not make me feel optimistic about catching up on the weekend.

The knitting project I'm working on for my swap on ravelry is almost done; I hope to have it ready to ship by Monday.

In the absence of my copy of John Adams, I read Quiet by Susan Cain.  I'm done that except for the end-notes (yes, I read the end-notes), and I've started Un Lun Dun by China Mieville.

Even though I have a few months to go, I have been pondering -- at the request of my husband and parents, as well as in commiseration with several friends of roughly the same age -- what I'm going to do about my birthday.  It's the kind of thing I overthink (shocker!). If I say "Let's get sushi for my birthday!" I don't know if your reaction is "Yay! Laura!" or "Yay! Sushi!"

Unless you hate sushi.  But I don't have a ton of friends who fall under that category.

I think that's about it for this week. What have you been up to?



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment