Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday Review #7

Cover of "The Origin of Satan"
Cover of The Origin of Satan
Well, this has been quite a week.

The weekend was nice enough. We took it easy on Friday, and Saturday we had friends over to watch a hockey game on TV.  Sunday was my writing workshop.

But since Monday, the week has just been stressful.  Nothing huge, just lots of little things wearing on me.

Feel like examining more closely?

I've been a bit better about going to the gym this week, but not much.  In addition, my husband and I agree to give up fried foods for Lent.  This will be harder for him than for me, I think, but it's still a good idea.

I finished the project for the swap I was doing, and went back to work on a throw rug I started.  I used to be part of "7 WiPs in 7 Days," but now that I'm employed, that doesn't really work for me anymore.

I finished both Quiet by Susan Cain and Un Lun Dun by China Mieville.  I started number9dream by David Mitchell for book club, as well as The Origin of Satan by Elaine Pagels, which was lent to me by one of my favorite bartenders. I know, right?

And I'm pissed at myself because one of the things wearing on me this week is that I spilled something on our couch, and in trying to remove the mark, just made the stain worse.  Even so, it's not that noticeable, but it's still wearing on me.  Sigh.

Things took a nicer turn on Thursday. I was planning to come home and make a nice dinner for my husband for Valentine's day -- only to find out he'd beaten me to it.  So nice.

So that's been my week.  How's yours?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment