Tuesday, October 8, 2013

What makes you happy? #28

Finishing a book.

English: Books on shelves at UWI Library, Trin...
English: Books on shelves at UWI Library, Trinidad and Tobago (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I love having a huge stack of books handy, but the downside is that it's so hard to justify accumulating more books, to say nothing of cruising the stacks at the library or re-reading old favorites.

So there's something really satisfying in finishing a book, taking it from the "to-read" shelf and placing it firmly in its permanent place on my shelves: fiction, poetry, anthology, writing books, Scouting books, graphic novels, general nonfiction, cookbook, reference.

Or, if a book doesn't prove itself worthy of a place on the permanent shelves, I can post it to PaperBackSwap. If someone else wants to read it, I'll get credit I can use toward another book.

Which, in turn, will get a place on my to-read shelf, and the cycle continues!

What have you finished reading lately?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment