Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A recipe, because why not?

Tomate Mozzarella d'Elise
Tomate Mozzarella d'Elise (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Some weeks, I'm not sure what to say in these Wednesday essays. This week, things happened, but they're the kind of things I'd talk about in my Friday Review, or barring that, my Tuesday Happiness Post. I mean, I don't think this is really the place to debate the government shutdown, do you?

So rather than bore you with a stupid writer's block post, let me bore you with last night's dinner.

Both my parents and my in-laws were hit with late-season bumper crops of tomatoes, and both shared the wealth with Chris and me. So when we were out and about this weekend, we bought a ball of made-that-day fresh mozzarella.

Last night, I found this recipe. The store by me was out of basil, so I substituted spinach, which was also delicious. I'm not going to swear it was perfectly healthy -- it's a lot of carbs, for one thing -- but it was delicious, made good use of the tomatoes and cheese, and as far as I know is vegetarian friendly (I'm not sure offhand if the farm uses rennet in its cheese, but odds are you won't use the same exact cheese as I did).

So, check it out, try it, let me know how it went.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment