Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday Review #32

English: Picture of a sign
English: Picture of a sign (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
So last week I had to cut and run early, so let me bring you up to date.

Thursday was my 4th wedding anniversary, so Chris and I went out to a nice dinner. Then, we drove out to Long Island to stay the night, so we'd have less of a trek during rush hour Friday morning.

Friday, we hired a driver and did a tour of Long Island Wine Country.  That was a lovely day.

Saturday, we stopped at a nearby farm for breakfast (fresh cider donuts and fresh-squeezed lemonade), and bought some apples and cheese. After wandering around a bit, we headed toward home.

Our next stop was the Long Island Fair, which was at the Old Bethpage Village Restoration. Both the village and the fair were really nice, but the food left something to be desired.

Finally, we stopped off at Chris's parents' house, and they invited us to stay for dinner.

Sunday, I had my writing workshop, which is always fun.

Thursday was Shut Up and Write, which I really count on to get my wordcount in.  This will be invaluable come November.

Which brings us to today, which I will tell you about next week, because we haven't actually done anything yet!

Also this week, I finally finished reading Washington: A Life; read Avatar: The Last Airbender-The Search part 2; chipped away at, Demon Princes, The Complete Father Brown Mysteries, and The Prince of Shadow (our current book club book); and read Shatnerquake as sort of a palate cleanser -- it was the book on my shelf most unlike Washington. I also startedWomen's Life in Greece and Rome as research for my NaNoWriMo project.

In knitting, I started working on a Christmas ornament and a hat. I think I'd like to make myself a hat and scarf every year, so I'll have a variety to choose from.

So what have you been up to?

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment