Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Simple Dollar: Making Money From a Passion

English: Many dollar banknotes.
English: Many dollar banknotes. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Trent Hamm at The Simple Dollar is a great example of a man who found and is following his passions, and in March of 2012 he posted an article on making money from your passion:


If you’re passionate about something, you can make money from it, because people will pay for passion. Sometimes, it’s enough to earn a living, and on occasion, you can make really good money from your passion.

Trent does go on to point out that it's not quite that easy.  You need transferable skills, patience, a willingness to fail, and an eagerness to practice for the long haul.  And I admit, I have some weak spots on that list.

He then goes on to list some examples of ways you can make money off your passion, whether it's by selling goods, or selling ebooks, or teaching.

I need to find my passion before I can go on to sell it, but Trent provides plenty of food for thought, and I urge you to go check out his post.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment