Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday Review #3

Cover of "Kindle Wireless Reading Device,...
Cover via Amazon

It was a very social weekend.  My husband and I went out for dinner and drinks with friends on Friday, and then I went to a game night on Saturday. Since then, though, I haven't done much socializing at all.  We're hosting friends this weekend, so I've mostly been cleaning. Joy.

Stress about getting the apartment clean was amplified by a work curve-ball, which otherwise would not have been that big a deal on its own. Everything seems to have worked out.

I'm enjoying my job, but (because?) I'm constantly getting tasks that use new skills. There's quite a bit I have to learn, but I'm on it.

On my Kindle, I'm reading a book for work. I finished a book a friend self-published (Agents of Change by Guy Harrison), as well as Pulchritude by Ana Mardoll, and my Free Amazon Prime selection this month, the Post-Human Trilogy by David Simpson. I've picked at The Complete Father Brown Mysteries, as I have since this summer, and I started another Kindle book as well, but I haven't gotten sucked in yet so we'll see how that goes.

In dead-tree books, I've currently got two I'm actively juggling, not counting the book-club book which my husband is currently working on, plus I've just about finished Columbine by Dave Cullen -- I just have to finish a few end notes. As I mentioned on Monday, I misplaced my copy of I Don't Know What I Want, But I Know It's Not This.

It was a good weekend for knitting! I knocked a chunk out of a square for an afghan I'm making, finished a coaster, and started a little handbag for a swap I'm doing. I also continued to pick at my scarf, which is the project I work on in bars and subways and anywhere I need something mindless to pick at. The week has been less productive, due to the cleaning I mentioned above. I'm really looking forward to next week.

Are any of you on ravelry? Let me know in the comments.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment