Monday, January 7, 2013

I Don't Know What I Want... Introduction


I Don't Know What I Want, But I Know It's Not This


By Julie Jansen

On Mondays, expect me to go through a book* on finding your passion and niche, or a book by someone who has, or just a project-in-a-year book I admire.  Every week, I plan to bring you a chapter summary, some takeaway, and a challenge that I'll be undertaking and in which I hope you'll be joining me.

So:

Introduction

Right off the bat, Jansen mentions how many people are unsatisfied with their work, and how she knows a solution to this. She lays out her experience and qualifications, and gets the reader ready to dive in and find the right work for him or her.

The Takeaway

It's way too early to tell, but based on the abridged C.V. Jansen starts with, it seems like things have come more-or-less easily for her.  That's probably an unfair assessment, but it makes me slightly dubious.

The Challenge!

This week, I'll journal about my own work history and my satisfaction with it. If you're doing the same, let me know how it's going in the comments, and I'll update you this time next week.


*Links to books go to my Amazon Affiliate page, so if you click through and then buy something, I will get a small kickback.

No comments:

Post a Comment