Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday Review #2

Chairs, Reading
Chairs, Reading (Photo credit: moogiemedia)
Greetings, readers of the future! To avoid the problems I had with last week's Friday Round-up, I'm starting to compile items on Monday!

 My husband and I went out to dinner with a group of friends, and we were treated to truly atrocious service.  You can read my review on TripAdvisor here.

I attended my writing workshop, which always involves good conversation and good food. I also got my hands on the Fall issue of Newtown Literary, which you should go check out.

My husband and I hosted out book club, which mostly went very well... except for when our coat rack unsuccessfully tried to assassinate my husband.

Oh, also, a public service announcement: apparently wasabi-flavored rice crackers have spy sauce in them, which means they have wheat in them, which means they are not gluten-free (which, in my opinion, defeats the purpose of rice crackers). So my heartfelt apologies to the non-wheat-eaters in my book club, and fair warning to the rest of you.

I finished my last book club book, A Talent for War, and got a good chunk of the next one started. I've also been picking away at my free Amazon Prime rental, plus another book I keep on the nightstand to read before I go to sleep.

When my kindle battery died, I started re-reading Dave Cullen's Columbine, which I had bumped to the top of my to-be-read pile after what happened in Sandy Hook last month.  Yes, that's a lot of books to juggle; no, I don't much care.

Despite a vague feeling of melancholy over the weekend, I managed not to over-think it. If there's a real problem, it'll make itself known; no sense creating problems where they don't exist. I did have an interesting revelation, but I'll be writing about that another day.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment