Friday, September 11, 2015

Friday Review #54


Sorry I missed this last week.  It's been a busy couple of weeks.

Last weekend was pretty low-key. I'm blanking on the specifics, except that we ran a lot of errands and removed a massive hedge from our front garden:

Photo by Chris.
That right there is just the root stump.

A good chunk of last week was then spent digging, pouring, and otherwise installing a lantern for our front walk:

Photo by me.

We now have a nice, blank dirt patch that I already have plans for:
Photo and diagrams by me.

Sorry it's hard to read, but you get the gist.

So by the time all that was done, it was almost time to go away for the long weekend. Chris and I visited friends in, and outside of, Pittsburgh, which was lovely.

This week has been a lot of playing catch-up, as you might have guessed from the sparseness of my posting.  Fortunately, the EdX course on happiness that I'm taking is helping me build up something of a buffer.

I'm knitting again, working on replacing a hat I lost over the winter.

As for reading, oof. I'm in the middle of so many books: despite my intentions two weeks ago, I've barely picked at Jim Henson: The Biography, plus The Chicago Manual of Style and Marketing for Dummies.  I started both The Compassionate Instinct and Glasshouse, and managed to both start and finish Identity Crisis and DC: The New Frontier.  So that's a lot to juggle.

What have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment