Monday, September 7, 2015

I Don't Know What I Want... Chapter 12, Part 2

I Don't Know What I Want, But I Know It's Not This 

By Julie Jansen 

 Chapter 12: Job Search -- the Nuts and Bolts

Your Job Search: You Must Know Yourself
Well, I'm too old for a Quarter-Life Crisis and too young for a Midlife Crisis.  This should be fun.

The clearer you are about your preferences, likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses -- the essence of who you are -- the more straightforward your job search process will be.
Because that's the easiest thing ever. That's why no one has to buy this book or any like it.  Oh.  Wait.

 Fortunately, Jansen gives us a brief exercise to consider in order to help with this:
  1. Think about something you accomplished:
    • What was the challenge?
    • What did you do about it?
    • What was the result?
  2. Write down your accomplishment.
  3. Repeat three times for each job you've had.
I'm not sure how that helps me know myself. In fact, offhand, I've rarely been in a position to do much -- certainly not three notable times per job.

How about you? What successful changes have you made in your job?

No comments:

Post a Comment