Tuesday, August 26, 2014

What makes you happy? #44

There's quite a few things on this list that shouldn't make me happy but do anyway.

Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure
Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I'm going to add another one:

Roller coasters.

I am absolutely terrified of heights. I white-knuckle down escalators. I avoid balconies.

And I do prefer the kind of coaster that launches you over the kind that drops you.

But I just love the ridiculous loops and twists and inversions and, once the g-forces glue me safely to my seat, even the drops.

(And besides, even the most heart-pounding coaster is still significantly safer than the drive to the amusement park.)

What's your favorite coaster?

Note: while researching for this article, I found out that the Nitro recently broke down and riders had to walk down from the highest point. I have to admit, that would put me off coasters for life. My best to all those involved.


No comments:

Post a Comment