Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Fall Bucket List

Autumn in New York
Autumn in New York (Photo credit: blmiers2)
It's already August, which means it won't be long until we start seeing Christmas decorations in the malls (Oh, how I wish I was kidding...). But more importantly, fall is right around the corner.

I'm going to steal an idea from my sister-in-law's sister (brother's wife's sister, for those keeping score). She put up a bucket list for the summer, and I think that's a great idea. So, here is my list of things I mean to accomplish between now and December 21:

  1. Go the shore. (Half credit if I have to settle for a NY beach) Completed 8/23
  2. Go to Philadelphia at least twice. (one down)
  3. Do a corn maze.
  4. Do some other harvest festival. (I guess apple-picking counts...)
  5. Pumpkin Donut!
  6. Finish the sweater I'm knitting.(almost done!)
  7. Finish at least one scarf.
  8. Major project I'll tell you about soon. (We bought a house!!!!!)
  9. Even more major project I may or may not tell you about eventually.
  10. At least retake driver's ed. 
  11. Schedule a bicycle lesson. Completed 9/21
  12. See The Giver. Completed 9/14
  13. Figure out Christmas shopping list (sorry!). (Working on it...)
  14. At least one trip to the outlets. Completed 8/31
  15. Hang some pictures.
There. That seems ambitious but do-able, right? That's about 20 weeks; if I try to do one of these every week, I'll be just fine.

What are your plans for the rest of the summer and the upcoming fall?

1 comment: