Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday Review #46

This isn't going to be a mega-review, but I am going to go a bit outside my normal scope for context.

So, last week, I started a new job and had a cold very nearly turn into bronchitis. Simultaneously.  Good times.

Yeah, I think that about catches us up.

So, last Friday Chris and I set off to go down the shore. We stopped at a hotel in Somers Point, which is just outside Ocean City, and had a decent dinner and heard some great (if too loud) music.

English: Wildwoods sign on the boardwalk in Wi...
English: Wildwoods sign on the boardwalk in Wildwood, New Jersey, taken on Memorial Day 2008. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Saturday we drove into Wildwood and checked into our hotel before wandering the boardwalk. We basically walked the entire length in one direction, stopping here and there to shop or ride some rides, and by the time we got to the other end, we were hungry and found a nice deli for sandwiches. After eating, we played mini golf, then headed to the beach.  It was too cold for swimming, but we waded for a while, then dried off at a nearby beach bar. We then proceeded to shop and ride our way back down the length of the boardwalk; we ended up walking the whole thing, end to end, in both directions. No tram car for us!

We had to run to the store at this point, so we played another round of mini golf while we were out and about. After a shower, we went back to the boardwalk to see the lights and kill our ride card, before finding some dinner.

Sunday, we decided to go to Cape May for lunch. We got there in remarkably good time, and decided to see the alpaca farm for a bit first. I bought more yarn than I probably should have. We then got a great lunch and wandered the shops briefly before heading home and, again, making shockingly good time.

You'd think, having been sick, that all this would be too much, but the combination of the medicine I was on and the sea air really worked wonders. That said, I slept hard Sunday night.

Monday, I volunteered.  Tuesday, we met up with friends to play a little poker. Wednesday, Chris got sick -- I really hope he caught my cold, because I can't handle catching another so soon. Thursday was uneventful, and that brings us to today.

Haven't done much knitting, but thanks to my commute, I've been getting plenty of reading done.  In the last week, I read Silent City, which was pretty good; finally finished The Complete Father Brown Mysteries; and read MachoPoni: A Prance with Death, which is just terrible. Now I'm back to chipping away at Women's Life in Greece and Rome.

So what have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment