Tuesday, February 25, 2014

What makes you happy? #36

I'm picky when it comes to hugs. When I'm expected to hug people I've just met, or whom I don't know all that well, or whom I don't much like (and who doesn't much like me) but we're playing the game, there's a definite sense of "Who are you and why do you want to touch me?"

Wedding hugs
Wedding hugs (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
But in the case of a very few people, under a fairly narrow range of circumstances, hugs are great thing. There's a sense of safety and comfort and caring.

And maybe it's an introvert thing, or maybe it's just a lizard brain thing, but when it comes to people you barely know, are you safe? Do they care? How much comfort can they really give?

But the rare "good" hug? It's wonderful.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment