Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday Review #45

Oof, it's been a long time since I've done one of these. I'm not even gong to try to catch you up with everything I've been up to. It's time to go back to focusing on the last week.

Last weekend, we visited a friend whose family has a house in the Hamptons.  It was a lovely, relaxing weekend (except for the part when I slipped on some slippery patio stairs, but don't worry, I'm ok!), and we got to see Guardians of the Galaxy.

...And that's pretty much it. It's been a slow week. I've mostly been trying to keep on top of everyday stuff and planning for future weekends.

I have been working on my sweater, though. I'm kind of hating the bind-off, so it's slow going; I also picked a little at my twisty scarf.

Writing in the 18th century, Mary Wollstonecra...
Writing in the 18th century, Mary Wollstonecraft is often hailed as the founder of liberal feminism. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
In reading news, I'm studying away at the The Chicago Manual of Style, and reading The Complete Father Brown Mysteries. I finished Maria, or The Wrongs of Woman. And I need to start the next book club book, which I suppose I will tell you about next week.

What have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment