Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday Review #26

The Handmaid's Tale
The Handmaid's Tale (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
So last Friday was Chris's firm's summer outing to Fire Island, which was very pleasant.  Then, we met up with friends for dinner and prep work for a party the next night.

Saturday, I went to the second baby shower I'd been knitting for. It was more low-key than the last one I'd been to, which was a pleasant surprise. That night, we went to the aforementioned party, which was a wonderful time.

Monday, our stove decided to stop working, so we ate way more takeout this week than I'd like, but our landlord got it working on Thursday.

I finished reading The Handmaid's Tale for book club, and just for kicks, decided to follow up with Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale, edited by Harold Bloom, which is a collection of literary criticism about it.  Not usually my thing, but I'm seeing some interesting things in it.

I took my knitting easy this week, but I did pick at my temperature scarf and coaster set.

So, pretty boring this week.  How was yours?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment