Friday, August 14, 2015

Friday Review #51

Last weekend turned out to be a busy one, and this one isn't looking like it'll be much calmer.
Batman: The Long Halloween
Batman: The Long Halloween (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

So last week I mentioned that my plans has sort of fallen through but I was hoping to do something else.  That worked out, and Chris and I got dinner and drinks with friends.

Saturday was a big family event with Chris's extended family and then some. It was nice as these things go, except for when the family dog passed away literally in the middle of the action.  That was pretty devastating, and I was honestly surprised at how the hosts rallied afterwards.

Sunday Chris and I went to see the Yankees play the Blue Jays. It was not nearly as good a time as we had hoped, for several reasons, none of which I'm getting into here.

Monday I did some work with my volunteer gig, and Thursday my brother was in town for work so I met up with him after for a drink.

Still no knitting.

Reading-wise, I finished The Dark Knight Returns and started Batman: The Long Halloween. I also continued picking at Jim Henson: The Biography, and, yes, The Chicago Manual of Style.

What have you been up to this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment