Monday, September 1, 2014

I Don't Know What I Want... Chapter 10, Part 3

I Don't Know What I Want, But I Know It's Not This

By Julie Jansen 

 

Chapter 10: One Toe in the Retirement Pool

So, potential retirees, today is the day we:

Step 3: Create an Action Plan

First, do a lot of the same preliminary legwork that the folks in the last chapter did:
  • Review your financial situation.
    • Defer your retirement and Social Security incomes as long as you can.
  •  Brainstorm all your opportunities and options.
  • Do your planning before you retire.
  • Know exactly how healthy you are.
  • Meet with a financial planner.
  • Research the area in which you want to live.
  • Decide what, if any, work you want to do in retirement, and make a plan for pursuing it.
Most of all, enjoy your retirement!

No comments:

Post a Comment