Chapter 10: One Toe in the Retirement PoolSo, potential retirees, today is the day we:
Step 3: Create an Action PlanFirst, do a lot of the same preliminary legwork that the folks in the last chapter did:
- Review your financial situation.
- Defer your retirement and Social Security incomes as long as you can.
- Brainstorm all your opportunities and options.
- Do your planning before you retire.
- Know exactly how healthy you are.
- Meet with a financial planner.
- Research the area in which you want to live.
- Decide what, if any, work you want to do in retirement, and make a plan for pursuing it.