Monday, September 8, 2014

I Don't Know What I Want... Chapter 11

I Don't Know What I Want, But I Know It's Not This

By Julie Jansen 

 

Chapter 11: The Ten Keys To Success


Jansen picks up this new chapter by discussing how Emotional Intelligence is a better predictor of success than IQ, and goes on to outline ten qualities that consistently allow a person to be both successful and well-liked.

Those qualities are:
  1. Curiosity
  2. Decisiveness
  3. Perseverance
  4. Empathy
  5. Flexibililty
  6. Follow-through
  7. Humor
  8. Intelligence
  9. Optimism
  10. Respect
Which of these are your strengths, or weaknesses? I have a hard time with questions like these; you know that. Feel free to leave me a comment: which of these ten keys am I strong in, and which am I weak in. (I do know I'm weak in optimism. Your turn!)

Now let's look at these, a few at a time. We'll do one today, and then three a pop over the next few weeks. So today:

Curiosity

Are you constantly seeking more information on topics that interest you? On topics that don't interest you? When you meet new people, do you make an effort to really get to know them? You may cut off paths in life because you don't think you'll find them interesting, but it's only in learning about them that they become interesting.

More next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment