Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Review #49

Sigh, so much for building a buffer.

Anyway, not a terribly busy week, all things considered, but a tiring one. I'm still feeling residual effects of that cold. On the one hand, that gets me out of going to the gym. On the other hand, I'm now starting to feel the effects of not going to the gym.

Cover of "The Giver"
Cover of The Giver
Last Friday, we met a friend for dinner on our way to celebrate my father's birthday in Philadelphia, which we did on Saturday. Drinks with my brother and sister-in-law and some of their friends after dinner. Sunday, I went to church, took the bus home, and caught The Giver, while Chris went to the Giants game with his friends.

Errands in the early part of the week. I had to mail an important package on Monday, which means I had to make my way to the one even remotely convenient post office with late hours. Tuesday was the library and bank, which wouldn't be so bad, except I  had carried around a big bag of loose change all day and the coin machine was broken. The teller suggested I call before I come out.  Yeah, I'm totally going to call you at 7:15 AM to see if your machine will be working at 6:45 PM.

Thursday I went to a REZ reading, which is always interesting.

Not much writing this week. In knitting, my sweater is ready to be washed and blocked, and I picked a bit at my twisty scarf.

In reading, I finished Beyond Shame, started The Neverending Story and Shift, and continued working my way through Team of Rivals.

What have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment