Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday Review #48

This week has really felt like much longer than a week.

Last Friday, some friends who had moved away were back in town, so we joined them for a nice dinner.

Saturday we went to the dentist (no cavities), and then had lunch with Chris's family.

Sunday I had my writing workshop, and then we celebrated Chris's mom's birthday.

Monday Chris went for wings and football with friends, so I got to relax for pretty much the only time this week, and just bought a hero for dinner.  It was so nice.

Tuesday was book club, where we discussed Ancillary Justice and ate Thai food.

Wednesday we went to a ball game as our birthday gift to Chris's mom.

Thursday I volunteered.

And just because this long week is over, that doesn't mean I get to take a breather...


In writing news, I'm working on a murder mystery party kit. I hope to playtest it in a year or so and, if it goes well, maybe sell it to a company.

Cover of "Team of Rivals: The Political G...
Cover via Amazon
In reading news, I've worked on Team of Rivals, which I'm mostly enjoying; I completed Oryx and Crake, which I haven't decided about yet; and (I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but hell, woman cannot live on fine literature alone) I just started Beyond Shame.  Yeah, go ahead, read the synopsis and laugh.  I'm not gonna say it's good, but it's not bad...

And in knitting news, I got "permission" to give up on the tubular bind-off of my sweater, so mostly I just undid what little I had done (time-consuming!). But I hope this week I'll be ready to wash and block!

What have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment