By Julie Jansen
Chapter 12: Job Search -- the Nuts and Bolts
Your Job Search: Have a Focused and Flexible Plan with Realistic, Achievable GoalsThis is really straightforward: your plan should be made of action steps. The job search is overwhelming, but if we break it down into smaller chunks, it's doable. For example, here are some chunks for me:
- Update resume, consolidating freelance work into a single item.
- Create a CV encompassing all my freelance work (and possibly some of my published writer).
- Make a list of agencies and websites that should get my updated resume
- Make a list of companies with freelance pools.
- Contact at least one person off those lists every day.
- Touch base with previous clients.
- Update LinkedIn, including resume, CV, and links to blog.
What smaller goals do you have?