Tuesday, April 26, 2016

What makes you happy? #61

Maybe (OK, probably) it's the hormones talking. It's not like my gestating body couldn't use the calcium, protein, better sugars and fats (that is, calories), and whatever small amounts of fruit or antioxidants show up.
The Shake Shack in Madison Square Park, Manhat...
The Shake Shack in Madison Square Park, Manhattan, New York City (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

But lately, milkshakes have really hit the spot.

For a while, early on, cheeseburgers were one of my dietary staples. If I got them in their simpler forms, without onions, there were no food aversions (I had so many food aversions). I was getting protein and calories that I was otherwise missing out on. They tasted good, they stayed down, and enough different places sell them that I could have them a couple times a week without getting bored.

I'm lucky (?) enough to have a Five Guys in walking distance and a Shake Shack right where I usually transfer buses. I can get some good burgers easily.

And when my appetite came back, it came roaring back, and while I had burgers less often, I started pairing them with shakes.

Small Nyberg is starting to get big enough to encroach on my stomach, so I may have to scale back soon, but man.  A good milkshake, well-timed, really satisfies.

No comments:

Post a Comment