Friday, November 1, 2013

Friday Review #36

Harpoon Brewery
Harpoon Brewery (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Now this has been a week!

On Friday, Chris and I headed up to Boston for his law school reunion. We met friends for drinks and dinner, before going to the alumni happy hour (which was crowded, loud, poorly planned, and generally not fun).

Saturday, half our group got pizza for lunch, before we met up with the rest of our group for shopping. I bought some art. Finally, we headed to the Alumni Gala. It was very nice, except they didn't reserve enough seats at each of the class-specific tables, so Chris and I ended up seated between a very pleasant awardee and a very snarky gentleman who had also been bumped from his class's table. Too bad there was no dancing, but it was fun otherwise.

Sunday we parted ways with Chris's law school friends.  Chris and I then obtained some excellent grilled cheese, then took a tour of the Harpoon Brewery.  By the time we got home, I felt like crap, but fortunately I wasn't ill, just suffering a combination of bad sleep, unhealthy food, stiffness from the long ride, and cold from the heat not being turned on yet.

Monday was proofreading for my volunteering gig. Also Monday, I was offered a freelance gig!

Thursday, Chris had a gift certificate that was about to expire, so we used it to get dinner.

Then the clock struck midnight and NaNoWriMo began!

In the knitting realm, I finished my first sock and started its mate, worked on my "linen" scarf, worked on my weather scarf, and picked at my "linen" notions bag and a gift bag.  Over in reading, I finished House of Suns, and worked on Women's Life in Greece and Rome.

What have you been up to this week?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment