Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday Review #15

High Line (New York City)
High Line (New York City) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
My birthday was lovely, thank you for the kind wishes.

Last Friday, Chris and I went to our favorite tapas restaurant, Tia Pol. We walked along the High Line  on our way to the subway, and then came home... and fell asleep.

We woke up around midnight, popped a bottle of bubbly, Chris gave me the "something small to actually open" portion of my birthday present, and then we went back to bed.

Saturday morning was the big part of my present -- Chris made me an appointment with a personal shopper at Macys.  It was a lot of fun, I picked out some clothes I never would have otherwise considered, and  I spent a bit more than I planned... although the difference was almost entirely due to the dress Chris liked best, so I guess he's benefiting, too?

Saturday evening, we met up with friends. We got a great dinner at El Ay Si, then played a few amazing rounds of laser tag before cooling off at one of our favorite local bars.  I want to thank everyone who came out -- it was a great time!

Sunday was pretty relaxing, mostly notable because we did a double workout to burn off all the food from the night before (Chili cheese tater tots! Deep fried Oreos!). I did get a chunk of Chris's scarf done, though there's still a ways to go.  Oh, and I got really angry with eBay and PayPal, because their customer service was severely lacking. They were literally arguing with each other over whose fault my problem was, with me on the phone, instead of, I don't know, trying to fix it!

EBay sent me a customer satisfaction survey.  I suspect they'll regret that.

You know how, when you're on different company's mailing lists, they sometimes send you deals for your birthday?  Well, Rita's Water Ice sent me one... but there's only one Rita's in Manhattan, so after work Monday I trekked around town, obtaining some ices and delivering Chris's to his office.

Tuesday, I hosted book club.  It was a good time, but if I had known the weather was going to be so incredibly nice, I would have arranged to have it somewhere outdoors.

Thursday we did my birthday with my in-laws. It was really nice, and I came home with a giant stack of books.

I finished China Mieville's The Scar, and started reading Reporting At Wit's End, a collection of New Yorker stories by St.Clair McKelway.

How was your week?  Do anything interesting?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment