Monday, November 9, 2015

The Science of Happiness: Hands-On Research: The Science of Touch

10/20/15: Hands-On Research: The Science of Touch

English: "Touch Me not" flower
English: "Touch Me not" flower (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
So here's an article that discusses the facts about touch from the video the other day [link to 10/29]. Dacher Keltner published it the the Greater Good website in September of 2010. Go ahead and read it now.

This article breaks down what was said in the video I linked to above, so let me just pull a quote from what I said then:

Look, I believe the science. But it just seems like, over and over, the science is telling me I have a  choice: be unhappy, or get happier by doing things that make me unhappy. And if I'm going to be malcontent either way, shouldn't I at least save my effort and choose the easier path to malcontentedness?
 Now that you're caught up on the science, let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment